Monday, April 22, 2013

tres chic

Hola chicas,
So close to being done final exams! AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER! :D
Lately I have been looking at a lot of various types of trends, styles, and inspiration...and I have been realizing more and more of what my style is (or is evolving to).

I love looking chic, trendy and stylish but with a more simple twist to it. I like things to be stylish, but also comfortable and practical. Obviously there are times when I put fashion before comfort, but most of the time I prefer mixing comfort with style. Although I do love getting ready (makeup, hair, clothes), I don't like to spend a great amount of time getting ready in the morning (I don't like being too fussy about it all because then it makes it seem more like a chore, not pampering). I usually spend more time getting ready if I'm going to an event or out with friends, but usually not more than an hour (and that's usually because my hair takes me a while due to its crazy natural curls). So when I get ready on a day-to-day basis I like to have a casual, effortless chic look, because I often don't have much time in the morning (I love my sleep lol) and because of early morning classes. My favourite look right now is a fashion graphic t-shirt, wrap skirt, clutch, embellished/jewelled necklace, and sandal heels. I love a simple outfit look, made more formal or stylish by adding accessories, jewelry, and colourful nail polish.

I don't know, there is something about a look being too "manicured" and "busy" that I don't like, for me personally it just seems like so much effort/hassle. It makes me feel like I am somehow not being true to myself...I guess I just prefer letting my natural self shine. If I do dress up to that extent I feel so restricted and uncomfortable. Being my natural self I tend to be clumsy, energetic, willing to try anything at anytime (including climbing trees and jumping from one turtarrier to the other if I am walking through a vacant parking lot). But most of the time it depends on how much effort I feel like putting into how I look that day. Certain days I feel like I want to be extra casual and so I wear comfortable jeans, converse, and a t-shirt. Sometimes I love to be dressed up and wear more makeup than normal, and sometimes I like to go for a casual everyday look with very little makeup (but lately my skin has been causing me a lot of issues and so I feel self conscious if I don't wear at least a little makeup to cover up my blemishes.)

So, finally :P , here are some images of what I am currently loving for style...




















Ciao! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment