Wednesday, May 8, 2013

spring/summer 2013 trends

Hola chicas,
So in this post I will be talking about the trends for spring and summer of 2013...better late than never. Sometimes I follow trends and sometimes I don't, it entirely depends on if I like the trend or not. If I do not like the trend, I won't waste my time with it. 




BLACK & WHITE (MONOCHROME)
Back to basics! Love the monochrome trend. I love dressing in black and white. Tres chic colours!

MINIMALISM (back to the 90s)
I have recently become a fan of minimalism because sometimes when less is more, it makes a bigger statement, and truly shows your style. 

BOLD PRINTS
It is hard for me to like bold prints because they are so flashy. But sometimes a print comes along that catches my eye. 

FLORAL
....for spring? groundbreaking! :P A few years ago if you would have asked me if I loved floral prints I would have definitely answered yes. At that time I was into a "lady like" style and loved to wear florals, bows, ruffles, lace, etc. But my appreciation and love of florals has drastically declined. Unless the colour and type of floral print is something special or really catches my eye, I'm not such a huge fan.

1960s
Totally Groovy! Haha! In September till December of last year (2012) I had a history course exclusively on the U.S.A. in 1960s. Was one of my favourite classes I have ever taken, and was made even better because it was taught by my favourite professor. Love it when that happens! I have always loved history and sometimes my outfits are historically influenced, so since that course I began to look more closely at 1960s trends and I really like the bold prints and minimalism. Also, while looking online at trends for this season I noticed that the 1960s trend includes many of the other trends. For example, monochrome, bold prints, colour blocking, minimalism, etc.

FRINGE
This trend is most likely influenced by the biggest motion picture release of the season for artistic cinema...The Great Gatsby! And thus a revival of the roaring 1920s. 

Ciao! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment