Monday, April 1, 2013

time for summer!

shorts: Garage (purchased in summer 2012)

sandals: Aldo (old)

sweater: Aritzia (purchased in summer 2012)

bracelet: Identify 


Well, it's not quite summer yet...but its getting to feel that way here...finally. Went from winter to (almost) summer-like weather, and skipped spring all together. Time for shorts and sandals! The beautiful weather makes it much harder to concentrate on doing my research and writing for term papers and studying for final exams. I just want to go to the beach, go on a road trip, and just be done with school. After 4 years in University (1 left to go) I am so tired of school. Sigh, but life goes on. Have to stay positive! :D

 Being in the fourth year of my Bachelor of Arts Degree with a major in History is a lot of work. It's exhausting (mentally) and sometimes (okay, a lot of the time) I procrastinate from doing my school work (this semester more than ever, i don't know why.) I love learning, and I am usually so enthusiastic about learning and obtaining new knowledge of the beautiful world around me. But this semester I have not been so into it. 

Maybe my trip to Spain last year really knocked me off my rocker lol. During the summer I worked at a fantastic little museum on Vancouver Island, B.C. and I had saved up some money so I decided to take a trip to Europe for the first time (which was somewhere my heart has desired and admired for as long as I can remember). I love Europe so much that I plan to move there when I am done school (and can afford it). Two of my aunts (on my dad's side of the family) have lived in Europe for around 20 years and they absolutely love it. Both my parents say that I remind them so much of one of my aunts (the one who lives in France), and I always take that as a compliment. But that's not to say that I would love it just from that reason, I have always felt like I belong in a different place, and I have always felt that place is Europe. My trip to Spain (which lasted 2 fantastic, breathtaking and wonderful weeks at the end of August/beginning of September) definitely helped me come to the conclusion that I was right...I belong in Europe. I will make a post soon about my trip to Spain when I have the time (and I will try to remember hehe)

Bella Lenna in Galicia, Spain <3 (totally fell in love with Spain, but especially Galicia)


I also thought I would share with you the reason I named by blog "Bella Lenna". My name is Aylenna (like I had mentioned in my first post) but my close friends and family just call me Lenna. One of my (many) sisters suggested that I name my blog "Bella Lenna" because it sounds like "Bella Luna", and I thought that had a nice ring to it. So here it is, Bella Lenna. I started my blog as a creative outlet to deal with stress, boredom and to just share with the world my life and my love for fashion, travel, history and beautiful things. So I hope you enjoy it :)

Anyways, I'm going to have some lunch and then do more research for one of my (many) history papers due this semester. Have a wonderful day! Ciao chicas xoxo

P.S. If I ever repeat myself it's because I have a horrendous memory when it comes to things about my own life (lol!) because my brain is trying to compact all my school work into my brain and leaves no room for nothing else haha!

Ciao! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment